Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians! I hope your weekend is filled with pumpkin pie, friends, family, and time to reflect on what you are most thankful for. As meaningful as traditions of sitting around the table and sharing what we are thankful for are, each year one of my favourite traditions is to make my Random List of Thankfulness, that I started here on the blog back in 2013. [You can check out some of the previous lists: here, here and here.]
So put on your comfy pants, and hunker down with you late-night leftover turkey sandwich and check out this year’s list:
- As tradition goes, I always start with what I’m most thankful for—my family. My family is this wonderful mix of people who raised me, grew up with me, and some that I have met later in life. All of them are extremely important to me, to where I am, and to who I’ve become. Having an incredible support system in times when I need it, and being apart of a community that makes life better in every way. I love you all!! xo
Now for the fun stuff…
2. Planning fun fall activities for my family who is coming to visit me next week!
3. Meeting amazing bloggers and influencers now being back in Hamilton, like: Hamilton Small Fry, I Heart Hamilton, Rebuild Hamilton, and Taste HamOnt
4. Rewatching 30 Rock. [especially anything that comes out of Tracy Jordan’s mouth]
5. Fresh Beauty’s Umbrian Clay Face Mask — and doing masks with friends.
6. Mini bottles of champagne.
7. Road trips to nowhere particular.
8. Mean Girls Day.
9. The Panela taco from Mezcal.
10. Organizational stores.
11. How fun Instagram Stories are to make and watch.
12. Millennial pink. [now my colour is everywhere = happy place]
13. My ban.do Love Potion Tumbler — keeping me hydrated.
14. All my family traditions. [most of which I insisted on starting as a kid]
15. Compartes Cereal Bowl Chocolate Bar.
16. Weekly Trivia in Hamilton by Hub of the Hammer!
17. Cheese boards.
18. My Papermate Ink Joy Gel Pens [especially the pink ones…]
19. Blanket forts. With or without kids.
20. Holiday pine scented candles.
21. My Apple Music playlist curated just for me! [I’m really loving Late Night by ODESZA]
22. The brownie at Redchurch Cafe + Gallery.
23. Cute stationary. Notebooks, notecards, pens — I want it all!
24. How near Stranger Things 2 is.
25. Peanut butter.
26. Dufflet buttercream
27. When the right side of my hair does what I want it to.
28. Jokes that never get old, until they do, and then they become funny again.
29. Endless bubbly water from the Soda Stream.
30. Finding the perfect present for a friend. [and watching them open it]
31. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
32. That Danny was back on last week’s episode of The Mindy Project—with the hope of more!
33. Baby goat and pig Facebook videos—and the friends who tag you in them.
34. Broken-in shoes.
35. The cold side of the pillow.
36. My heated Sunbeam Blanket.
37. Duck races at Pumpkin Farms with friends.
38. Driving with the windows down on a road I’ve never been on before.
39. Halloween Fireworks in Vancouver. [Im thankful that’s a tradition there, but miss it a lot!]
40. Porter Magazine.
41. Natural light.
42. Going out in the rain, when you have no place to be.
43. Getting better at self-care, and balancing my life. As well as the friends who support me on days when I’m not being kind to myself.
44. Uber Eats or Skip the Dishes for those days…
45. My Dean & Deluca mug.
46. Being alone at Chapters.
47. Checking off to-do list boxes.
49. Piñatas. [And how my 3 year old niece pronounces it]
50. The song Pony by Ginuwine—and a new found reason to love it. Two words… Magic Mike. [Thanks Stef for finally making me watch it!]
Outfit from Eloquii.
What are you most thankful for this year?